Farfalle pasta with 25% mealworms
- Ground the freeze-dried mealworm to flour in a mortar en mix with the semola flour.
- Make a well in the middle and crack the eggs into it.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork and start slowly combining the flour and the eggs.
- Knead the pasta dough for a few minutes till its starts to firm up.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let is rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the pasta in 4 equal pieces and start with one. Cover up the other three with a clean dishtowel to keep them from drying.
- Place your pasta machine on the thickest setting and start feeding the pasta machine. Add some more flour when the dough is too sticky.
- Tin the pasta gradually with the different settings of the pasta machine until the thinnest setting is completed.
- Lay down the pasta on a clean dishtowel and cut with a pizza cutter the horizontal lines. Cut the vertical lines with a pasta cutter for fluted edges.
- Take one piece of the cut pasta en start folding it into a butterfly shape and let it dry on a dish towel.
- Cook the farfalle pasta a few minutes and serve with some fresh homemade pesto.
- 50 g freeze-dried mealworms
- 160 g semola flour
- 2 eggs
- homemade pesto
Time: 60 minutes
Quanity: 2 main courses or 4 starters